Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easton Amador County 2008 Zinfandel


Easton  Amador County 2008 Zinfandel, $13.99-$17.99, 87 points, begins with a slightly vegetative and mild dark berry aromas, having a light ruby color and flavors a bit sharp and rough on the edge, but okay and not unpleasant, but not  that memorable either. Easton ends with a fair spice finish;
paired well with Hamburgers and Club sandwiches, and was an okay compliment to a rare Tenderloin,  goats cheese, and broccoli.

I bought the Easton for $13.99 and you might remember that I said: "Though Zinfandel wines can be found for under $10.00, they do mostly sell for more than your bargain-basement Merlot. . ."

Well, after saying that some time ago, I was reflecting on that statement and I believe it is very true that a "Good" Zinfandel under $10.00 is  near impossible (Not Impossible, for example, I scored the 2008 Dancing Bull 87 points and at $7.99); I have looked at some of the seventy Zins (as of 3-26-2011) I've reviewed, but the Easton Amador County 2008 Zin comes about as close to a "good" Zinfandel wine as you can expect for about $10.00. QPR is very good, but not at $17.99



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment