Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joseph Mellot La Chatellenie 2009 Sancerre


Joseph Mellot La Chatellenie 2009 Sancerre, $17.00-$21.00, 90 points, is my first introduction to French Sauvignon Blanc and it won't be my last if I have anything to say about it. With a lemon/lime color, aroma of lemon-grass and tangerine, flavors of tart/crisp melon, and tangy grapefruit, and with all of that, it has a certain silkiness. needless to say, the value is not so much in the 90 points, but in the varietal integrity (90 points + $17.00 + Sancerre = excellent QPR) I know that is such #@#@&%%, but I'm having the darnedest time trying to justify a little extra dollars to buy this wine. I found this at Hannaford's markets.
Anyway, I'm glad I bought it. I found the Sancerre to be different enough from USA, NZ or other Sauvignon Blanc wines I've tried, to warrant buying again.






Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment