Friday, August 6, 2010

Twin Zins from Dry Creek California

Seghesio Sonoma 2008 Zinfandel, $15.20-$29.00, 90 points, is one of my latest conversation wines, and if you are like me, you have come to appreciate the quality of California Zinfandels, then this one is a must wine of note.
The 2008 is a big, powerful wine, filled with blackberries, acidity, and alcohol (15.5% ) which is well integrated in a well balanced and an undocumented [blend of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and Syrah from the Dry creek and Alexander valleys,] this wine is quite quaffable, and having a wonderful bouquet it is a special libation with a lasting and expected pepper finish.

HOBO Dry creek Valley 2006 Zinfandel, $15.30-$22.00, 90 points, is deep red in color, and having a fruity aroma with some spice.
Newbie wine taster that I am, I didn't know what to expect with this Zin (does anyone?), but I was pleasantly surprised as to just how much I liked this hither-to unheard of wine (There are lots of those). A dense, dark , chewy Zin, with enough of a spicy finish to satisfy me. This wine is so focused that it can stand alone, or with a great pepperoni pizza, which still remains a memorable pairing.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment