Friday, April 28, 2023

Mollydooker The Boxer McLaren Vale 2020 Shiraz

 


Mollydooker The Boxer McLaren Vale 2020 Shiraz, $23.79-$30.99, 86 points, poured broadly black with a purple/red penumbra, a bleeding meniscus, and bold fat legs.
Aromas of black licorice, raisins, cinnamon-spiced cherry fruit, and a strong grape smell were just okay for me.
The Boxer was a bold, full-bodied, high alcohol (16%), and out-of-balance Shiraz.
Flavors did follow the aromas, and despite its opulent mouthfeel and rich flavors, I was so overwhelmed by its imbalance that I won't be buying another; the twelve years since I've had this wine has found my palate no longer comfortable with this wine style, or maybe it's just this vintage, but at this price I don't like WASTING my money. Oh, acidity was fair, tannins were comfortably soft, and complexity was interesting.
Finished as it began but with plum notes and alcohol-infused spiciness.
Paired only okay with my pepperoni pizza.
INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2023, all rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas
Template provided by Google Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment