Sunday, November 12, 2023

Ramos Pinto RP20 2012 Bottled Tawny 20 Year Port Crème Brûlée

 

Ramos Pinto RP20 2012 Bottled Tawny 20 Year Port, current prices range from $59.99-$89.99, (I bought this about ten years ago), and just a note as to Port, Tawny Port typically does not improve with age (see Vintage Port), and I seldom drink Port, but with the coldest morning of this season a warm-up wine seemed appropriate.
Poured a deep caramel reddish-brown color with orange fringing, heavy glass sheeting with fat legs, a broad clear meniscus, and so many tiny, suspended particles I had to strain it twice.
Smells were profoundly alcohol and raisins nuanced with wood and caramel.
This Tawny was full-bodied, showed good acidity, the mouthfeel was sleek and smooth, and the flavors were hot renditions of the aromas (just what a cold night called for).
Finished forever on wood, alcohol, and Sambuca.
Paired perfectly with my Belgian Praline Crème Brûlée.
Scoring Port is rather shaky for me, but I'd say between 91-93 points describes my satisfaction.

INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2023, all rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas

Template provided by Google Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment