Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sangiovese & Syrah Meet In Italy In SaSyr Rocca Delle Macie



SaSyr Maremma, Tuscany, Rocca Delle Macie 2007 60% Sangiovese-40% Syrah, $9.34-$10.99, 87 points, has a dense purple color, with grape and a nose-puckering spice aroma.

This is a medium bodied Red Wine with a smooth texture and early palate spice, with a nice late palate tartness that finished with moderate black pepper.

I began drinking this wine as soon as I took the cork out, and there was a definite delicious factor, but on the second day this wine went bust for me; suffering a diminished tartness, being replaced by an over-powering plum flavor that reminded me of some sad Syrah wines I've tried.

I paid only $9.34 for the SaSyr, and as a table wine it was okay, and certainly a very good wine within the early hours of opening.







Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment