Thursday, November 10, 2011

BOLLA 2010 Chianti(DOCG)



Bolla 2010 Chianti, $6.99-$9.99, 85 points, is dark cranberry red, the aroma is of dried fruits: date, bilberry, and elderberry. Though the Bolla 2010 Chianti strikes me a bit weak, the flavor is quite good carried on a light body of cherry with hints of strawberry. The finish is fair, with an easy peppery cherry.

Are You having a large party? Do you need an inexpensive wine for your Turkey, chicken, or even that ham? The same thing applies with their Chianti what I said about their Bolla Merlot: "is to me the Merlot (Chianti), at the price we all want, and I want on my dinner table."





I bought this Bolla Chianti at Market Basket with a $1.00 coupon.



Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2011-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

1 comment:

  1. Dennis, I'm very glad to see the elderberry notes in the nose. I'm actually on the hunt for a couple wines to serve with a Thanksgiving feast I'm putting on for my Swedish friends. They're new to the concept of Thanksgiving and I can't let them down. Going to check out your more recent reviews and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete