Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bogle Vineyards 2011 California Riesling



Bogle Vineyards 2011 California Riesling, $9.99-$11.99, 87 points is just a bit sweet (off-dry), and surprised me, because I'm not familiar with Rieslings having 12.5% alcohol and having even this much sweetness, but then again, I'm exploring California Rieslings, which is me making an easy guess that they are quite different from Washington, Australia, or German Rieslings.
The Bogle Riesling is water clear with some gray notes, the aroma is slightly sweet apple and carries through the palate.
The body is light with good acidity, but is a bit 'flat' or bland, and yet we all liked this wine, polishing-off the bottle in just a few minutes. So, I guess that makes this a gulper of a wine; a descriptor I haven't used in a long time.





Index-of-reviewed-wines 

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


1 comment:

  1. Dennis,

    I really like your "gulper" description. Sometimes, these wines are just what the doctor ordered.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete