Monday, June 10, 2013

Château Dauzac Margaux Grand Cru Classé 2010 Bordeaux Red Wine





Château Dauzac Margaux Grand Cru Classé 2010 Bordeaux Red Wine, $56.09-$65.99, 93+ points, remains one of the few 2010 red Bordeaux wines I could find, and right-up front, I did some research on this Cab-Merlot, and what I found was wide-spread dislike (well, not much in the way of respect) for this wine! I'm NOT one of those disparagers, but at such a great expense, Caveat emptor!
Black at the core, this Bordeaux trends closer to a purple/red Shiraz, is leggy as the wine meets the glass transparent.
Having a medium-plus body with ample acidity (Dry Red Wine) and noticeably persistent, yet not uncomfortable tannin, and easy 13.5% alcohol makes this not only a food friendly red Bordeaux, but quite drinkable by itself.
I found no dominant flavor, but many nuanced ones, like menthol, spearmint, coffee, red cherry, black licorice, fig, black olive, and a hint of oak and rose, but the finish was an intense spice amplifying the spearmint, but there was something I can only describe as a turbo-boost of white pepper at the end (you know me and pepper:) For those requiring more fruit. I think this one will fall short, and maybe would justify some of the low scores, but as I've said repeatedly: "the whole is more than the sum of its parts, and my apologetics toward this wine rests with an overall pleasure that I found in drinking this one.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment