Monday, November 29, 2010

Speculate With The New Hampshire Wine Man

Today "Wine Spectator" came out with its Top 100 wines of 2010.

Perspective is hard to come-by for Newbie wine tasters, but I'm jumping in.
Of the three, just 3 Zinfandel wines mentioned, I have not even seen them in New Hampshire, as is true of most of The 100; availability is part of the scoring used by Wine Spectator, but that does not mean you can find these wines everywhere; the number one (1) wine of the year (Saxum James Berry Vineyard Paso Robles 2007) I have not seen in NH either.


However the few wines I have scored HIGHLY on my blog, the Tensley Syrah (Which I could only find at Bella Vino), Hall, Zaca Mesa Syrah, and though the Two Hands Bella's Garden Shiraz is the 2008 vintage, I did have high marks for the 2006, all these wines made Wine Spectator's Top 100.

When "Top" wines are considered, you can easily pay $300.00 or $400.00 a bottle, but that is not what this blog is about, though I don't have a problem with a $500.00 bottle of wine, there are maybe five people in New Hampshire that will buy one; the wines I've mentioned above are under $60.00, and that is quite high a price (Zaca Mesa was $19.99)
Well, this is a learning experience, but one thing is for sure: we can have a good time on the trek!


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment