Sunday, August 28, 2011

Debauchery Sauvignon Blanc From Chile



Debauchery 2010 Sauvignon Blanc, $11.99-$13.99, 87 points, is very tart, and should be paired accordingly, sushi comes to mind. The color and nose are typical lemon-grass, but the flavor is quite tart lemon/lime and grapefruit, though the official web-site offers "orange blossom-mango and passion fruit", that's for you to decide. I do find Wineries' descriptions of their wines to be a bit elaborate, and, I suppose, if not them, then who?

So, is being debauched a Halloween trait? Does such a wine qualify?
I'm beginning to wonder why so many wines have names that give wine a "bad" name. Reminds me of High-school days when the guys use to say: "Oh, girls like the guys that mistreat them."
Well, if Debauchery works for your Halloween motif, go for it, but as for what some wineries title their wines, I'm dubious.



Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment