Saturday, July 17, 2021

Château Boyd-Cantenac Margaux Grand Cru Classé 1855, 2016 Bordeaux Red Wine

 


Château Boyd-Cantenac Margaux Grand Cru Classé 1855, 2016 Bordeaux Red Wine, $50.57-$59.99, 95 points, poured an opaque ruby red with copious stained legs and a broad clear meniscus.
As I do too often, I just grabbed a bottle of wine from the rack and opened it, but as soon as I took my first whiff I knew I grabbed something special; aromas of smoky red cherry, sweet candied cinnamon, peat, and flowers were exceptional.
Full-bodied dry red wine with firm supportive tannins throughout, good acidity, and complex cerebral flavors that keep you guessing managed to beguile me.
Finished fruity, herbal, and spicy with a spot-on 13.5% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my spice-rubbed filet-mignon.

Bordeaux Red Wine Vintage 2016

INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2021, All rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas
Template provided by Goggle Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment