Sunday, July 2, 2023

Trefethen Oak Knoll Napa Valley Family Vineyard 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon

 


Trefethen Oak Knoll Napa Valley Family Vineyard 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon, $59.69-$74.99, 94 points, poured an inky-black with a broad purple/red penumbra, a thin clear meniscus, and sticky-stained glass sheeting.
The lovely bouquet was very floral, showed hints of coffee bean, milk chocolate, cedar box, black plums, red fruit, and cinnamon.
This is only the second vintage of this wine I've tasted, and it is so much better than I remember from seven years ago. It was full-bodied, luxurious, showed good acidity, a supportive underlayment of tannin, and rich flavors reflective of the bouquet.
Finished long, showed subtle cayenne pepper and mint with a perfectly balanced 14.1% alcohol.
Paired well with my beef stew.
I try and keep my purchases under $50.00, but as I near my thirteenth anniversary of wine blogging, a few splurges will be warranted.

INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2023, all rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas
Template provided by Google Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment