Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flying Bricks And A Strong Response To Three Good Zins

Rodney Strong Knotty Vine Russian River, Alexander Valley 2008 Zinfandel, $18.99, 89 points, strikes me as the rich, berry flavorful wine I had expected with one of Rodney Strong's Cabernets which fell short for me. However, add to that "rich berry flavorful" quality, spice and a fine black-pepper finish and I found what I had been looking for in their 2008 Zin.
This is a good Zin, a bit more luscious and Cab-like than say many a Lodi or a Dry Creek Zin would be, but it works for me.
Will pair well with many different Beef or Lamb recipes, Mexican or American.


Downing Family Oakville Fly by Night 2006 Zinfandel, $29.99, 89 points, is interestingly complex, but is a bit expensive for the curiosity when other Zins can do the same thing at a much better price. However, if you are like me, you'll be tempted to go there!


Klinker Brick Old Vines 2007 Zinfandel, $16.99, 89 points, has a cranberry color, near syrupy aroma, but  yields a silky-smooth, fine-finish.
So, if you are looking for a Zin to pair with your Tacos, Saturday Barbecue, or for a spicy-night alone, this is a "Ripper".




Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment