Sunday, April 22, 2012

Querceto 2004 Chianti Classico Reserva


Querceto 2004 Chianti Classico Reserva, $11.99-$24.99, 88 points, has a typical Bordeaux purple color, and the nose is mute to flat with just a hint of plum and some cooking spice.
The acidity (noticeable)is typical for a Chianti, and the medium body carries juicy black fruit, and finishes with violets and lavender, but with some bitterness.
This wine will be excellent with typical Italian cuisine, and is an okay value at the low price point.



Index-of-reviewed-wines 


Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

4 comments:

  1. Your reserved tone of your note is anything but inconspicuous. I get nervous when I see Chianti Classico Riservas at the price point you describe. There are CC's that sell for that. A top flight CCR should approach the quality of a Brunello and I hate when it doesn't. Two stand out in my mind: Antinori's Badia a Passignano, and Badia a Coltibuono's CCR. Felsina Rancia is another good one, but not as easy to find.

    Good review - it seems spot on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you are one of those people (I'm finding a number of them) who love wine, blog about it with precise, precocious, and persistent, perceptiveness, but through all the pervasive knowledge, there shines good pleasantries; I'm so glad for your thoughts.
    As for the Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva, I'd buy another in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a different take on the "5 P's". Growing up in a Navy family, I came to know the 5 P's as: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a few years since I've had Quarceto CCR, but I remember that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure what my opinion would be now. Honestly, Sangiovese is one of my favorite varietals, but I haven't had much of it lately. I think I need to revisit Italian wines in general.

      Delete