Saturday, February 28, 2015

Clarendelle 2009 Bordeaux Red Wine


Clarendelle 2009 Bordeaux Red Wine, $18.99, 89 points, poured nearly black with typical crushed black currant purple/red, but a flash of maroon parted ways with most Bordeaux red wines I've examined; Clarendelle also manifested a broadly transparent rim-ring.
Pleasant aromas of violets, cedar, and black currant were subtle.
Medium-plus body and smooth texture, carried good acidity, sweet luscious tannins with flavors of pomegranate, blackberries, mulberries, tobacco, savory notes, and juniper berry.
Finished well on the 13.5% alcohol, developing plum notes, rosemary, and spice.
Varietals were 79% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7%Cabernet Franc.
A little commentary: As I researched this Bordeaux I found that most reviewers didn't really like this wine, but I loved it. Try it and let me know, and considering its reasonable price, you won't be spending hundreds of dollars, and it will be a challenge without pain.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

1 comment:

  1. I'm BIG on violets in Cabernet. Shall see if I can find this wine.

    ReplyDelete