Friday, July 13, 2018

Callie Collection Central Coast 2015 Pinot Grigio




Callie Collection Central Coast 2015 Pinot Grigio, $7.64-$11.99, 86 points, was a light brass color with a green cast and clearing only at the glass edge.
I've been told that the more a Pinot Grigio tastes like nothing, the more people seem to love it, and though the aromas and flavors were rather nondescript pome and tropical fruits, I'm not going to 'buy' what I've been told.
Light-bodied with appropriate acidity and all the featureless fruit followed deep into the fair finish with a complementary 13% alcohol.
Paired fine with my lobster-roll.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. A lot going on with that label...I do however love the William Morris-esque Cal poppies.

    ReplyDelete