Sunday, June 7, 2020

Bledsoe Family Winery Walla Walla Valley, WA., "Elizabeth" 2018 Chardonnay





Bledsoe Family Winery Walla Walla Valley, WA., "Elizabeth" 2018 Chardonnay, $39.10-$45.99, 91 points, was a medium straw yellow color and clear toward the rim.
Aromas of wet stones, apples, pome blossoms, and slightly sour honey were good.
A full-bodied white wine with fair acidity and a complex array of flavors marked by nuanced oak, white pepper, apple, Chardonnay specific grape, and melon rind were more pleasing as an aperitif than as a food wine which seems oxymoronic for a Chardonnay.
Finished long on the fading palate, a hint of lemon zest, a bit spicy, and a spot-on 13.7% alcohol.
Paired okay with my Gulf of Maine lobster in drawn butter, honey roasted chicken, and apple pie; I hope to pair this wine with other Chardonnay compatible foods tomorrow.

 Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2020 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Lobster and chicken? Sign me up.
    Sounds like an interesting CH...bit suspicious of the "nuanced oak," though.
    Love the name: Elizabeth is big in my family...would buy it just for the name alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My twin sister's middle name, ergo I love it, and was one of the reasons I bought it.
      Actually I thought today's pairing of ham steak was best
      Cheers my friend.

      Delete
  2. A family name for you too, cool.
    Ham and CH, don't think I've ever tried that.

    ReplyDelete