Saturday, June 4, 2022

Green and Red Napa Valley Chiles Canyon 2018 Zinfandel

 


Green and Red Napa Valley Chiles Canyon 2018 Zinfandel, $25.49-$29.99, 90 points, poured a deep opaque Welch's purple/red with a broad clear meniscus, and a torrent of fat stained-legs.
The aromas were rich and filled with wild briar fruit, hot cinnamon red cherry, floral notes, and underbrush perfume.
A medium-bodied bone-dry red wine with good acidity, a supportive tannic structure, and flavors of ripe mulberry, briar fruit, spearmint, and a whisper of eucalyptus were tight and delicious.
Finished long on the trailing palate, hints of iron, cayenne pepper, and a warm 15.1% alcohol.
It's been like ten years since I've seen the Green and Red Zin, and the 2007 vintage was my first review, so, I was excited to see this in my local wine store; I was not disappointed.
Paired perfectly with my nachos grade.

INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2022, all rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas

Template provided by Goggle Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment