Sunday, July 24, 2022

Justin Vineyards Isosceles Paso Robles 2008 Bordeaux-Style Red Wine

 


Justin Vineyards Isosceles Paso Robles 2008 Bordeaux-Style Red Wine, $50.94-$64.99 (the 2018 is $85.00 from the winery), is a wine (2007 vintage) that impressed me enough to buy a bottle eleven years ago and store it in my Euro cave these last eleven years for such an occasion as my twelfth anniversary of wine blogging.
Though I have linked this with other Meritage wines, it could be linked with Cabernet Sauvignon because its main varietal is 78% Cabernet Sauvignon.
To the wine: 97 points, poured mostly black and grading to an unfiltered rosewood red with stained glass-sheeting and a bleeding meniscus.
Smells of blackberry pie, percolating fresh ground Arabica, and sun-warmed underbrush were amazing!
A totally silky red wine expression, residual tannins were still supportive, acidity still fair to good, flavors of cherry cola, mint, mushrooms, traces of black fruit, and a judicious dollop of oak were also amazing.
Finished long, spicy, floral, and with a well-balanced 15% alcohol.
I really didn't want to "share" this wine with my meal (it was that good), but I certainly needed to see how many different apropos foods, cheeses, beef, olives, etcetera, would match up, and the wine was that good that it improved everything on my plate.
97 points is the highest I've ever given to a wine, and very few at that, but I was so pleased with this, which I did not expect, that anything less would be a travesty! 
Cheers!

2008 California Cabernet Sauvignon wines tasted

INDEX of REVIEWED WINES

Copyright 2010-2022, all rights reserved, Dennis Tsiorbas
Template provided by Goggle Blogger

2 comments: