Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cambria 2009 Pinot Noir


Cambria Santa Maria Valley Julia's Vineyard 2009 Pinot Noir,

$18.69-$23,99, 90 points, has a deep magenta color rimmed with considerable transparency.
The aroma is a unique blend of herbaceous, dare I say "Panamanian Red", cedar, and cut cayenne.
The flavor is nicely carried on a medium body of licorice, red fruits, plum, and black cherry, having a considerably long spice finish,  food-fine acidity, and tangible tannin, all of which fashions a memorable drinking experience. 
This is a more complex Pinot Noir than many I've tried (That's not saying too much), and is quite flavorful; if I had known how much I would like this wine, I would have bought more of these at the sale price.



 

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas All rights reserved,
Template provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment