Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Dry Creek Vineyard 2014 Merlot





Dry Creek Vineyard 2014 Merlot, $15.29-$22.99, 91 points, appeared broadly black with a clear wine ring and a glass bowl laden with dense loads of legs.
Rich aromas of black fruit with nuanced notes of cedar and coffee impressed.
Near full-bodied with good acidity and an easy underlayment of tannin opulently unfurled flavors of plums, subliminal blackberry, and licorice.
Finished long on spicy pepper infused plum, cherry cola, a potent 14.5% alcohol, and a trace of zinc.
Paired perfectly with our Mexican cuisine.
I bought this wine at the Whole Foods of Bedford (Kyle's pick).
I have to agree with Kyle, this is an outstanding Merlot; the QPR is high, and in an environment of Merlot disparagement, Dry Creek shines bright.

Dry Creek Vineyard, why it's a "go to" winery.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I will have to see if the local shops have this DC varietal. (I'm still looking for the DC Chenin blanc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you don't have enough to do just now!
      I think, if I remember correctly, you are always looking for a good Merlot, but knowing you, there just might be too much plum on the palate, but you'll love the finish; let me know if I'm right.

      Delete