Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Villa De Corlo 'Corleto' 2019 Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro (D.O.C.)





Villa De Corlo 'Corleto' 2019 Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro (D.O.C.), $18.95, 88 points, poured with a dense head of foam, more than I would have expected from a frizzante styled wine; colors were near black purple/reds with thick stained legs.
Dense profuse aromas of black currants, blackberry, and blueberry with a hint of celery were new to me, but then again so is Lambrusco.
Full-bodied dry sparkling red wine with good acidity and surprisingly firm tannins delivered a uniquely vibrant fruity tipple.
Finished long on the fading palate nuanced with what I can only describe as a pleasant cardboard flavor, and a comfortable 11% alcohol.
Paired okay with my provolone hamburger marinara wrap.
This was the first serious Lambrusco that I have seen in New Hampshire.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

,.

2 comments:

  1. Lambrusco, not one of my favourite wines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: If it's out there, I need to taste it, but I think I'll have to get used to it; a rather thick spritz.

      Delete