Sunday, June 17, 2012

Villa Cerna 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva



Villa Cerna 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva, is displayed with my new wine tray (a gift from my employers).

Villa Cerna 2008 Chianti Classico Riserva, is approximately $20.00, 87 points, is another  Chianti Classico Riserva which has failed to meet expectations.
The color is vibrant ruby.
Having aromas of toasty oak and a funky cedar left me disappointed.
A medium body carries good acidity, but the tannin seemed 'green' (I'm GUESSING chlorogenic acid due to its similar taste effect in coffee), but I'm sure someone out there can enlighten me.
Flavors of vanilla, tart red raspberry, plum, and violets, make for an interesting complexity.
The finish continues with 'green' notes and white pepper.

I hope to find my records on this wine, where I bought it and its cost, but as it stands now, I don't recommend this wine at $20.00.


Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment