Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Querciabella D.O.C.G. 2008 Chianti Classico




Querciabella D.O.C.G. 2008 Chianti Classico,
 $25.99, 92 points, was bought by Ben at the WineconneXtion and shared with a few of us.
Deep bright Cranberry color and a youthful clear rim, with an aroma of spice, earth, and a hint of butterscotch.
Flavors of tart cherry and red fruit within a medium body of good acidity and tannin made for a delicious partner to my Greek-style veggie-meatball super-sub. 
The finish was long on spice with a bourbon hint of heat.
Okay, OK, I exaggerated when I said, "my faith is restored in. . . Chianti Classico." For the most part, I love these wines and am not timid when buying them.
Salute to buoni amici e buon vino!


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


3 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    See if you can find any of these. $25 is too high a price for Querciabella, which is only a middling Chianti Classico, IMO.

    Felsina Chianti Classico
    Fontodi Chianti Classico
    Isole e Olena Chianti Classico
    Antinori Peppoli Chianti Classico
    Villa Caffagio Chianti Classico
    Villa Caffagio CCR
    Castello di Bossi Chianti Classico
    Rocca di Castignoli Chianti Classico

    That's a start. The Fontodi will be the most expensive at about $28. The Felsina and Isole could be $20-$23 and the rest should all be less than $19.

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, thanks for all the look-outs! I do have the Felsina Chianti Classico and I believe I paid $19.?? for it. The Antinori Peppoli Chianti Classico ($18-$20) I have and have had, which is another CC I liked a bunch as well, but have not reviewed. All others you listed I've not seen, but will keep my eyes open to find. The Querciabella was bought by Ben, who treated us. That wine, to my knowledge, is not available in NH, but at a lower price would be a good deal as we all liked it a bunch; if I could have, I would have drunk the whole bottle myself with that giant sub, if I was able. No wonder I'm putting on weight! :-(

      Delete
  2. Some of the others may take some searching, but I know Villa Caffagio makes it's way to New England, so you should be able to find that.

    ReplyDelete