Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2010 Antinori Orvieto Classico Santa Cristina Campogrande




2010 Antinori Orvieto Classico Santa Cristina Campogrande, $9.34-$12.99, 88 points, has an almost crystal-clear color with glimmers of grey-golden green tinting.
Like touching an individual snow-flake the aroma is will-o-the-wisp melon.
Good acidity, delicate flavor (one dimensional, trending citrus), and dry, this delicious white wine paired well with my sea-food. I wasn't excited by this wine, but rather intrigued by just how a 'simple' white wine could be so non-intrusive yet satisfying during my meal.

Varietals were apparently Grechetto, Procanico, and Verdello (best I can ascertain).

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Nice new label!

    I've always enjoyed this wine. Great with pesto! One of the best Orvieto I've had. Consistent and delicious.

    ReplyDelete