Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Château Léoville Barton St.-Julien 2009 Bordeaux

 
 Someone who should know, said about this Bordeaux: "Drink now or you'll have a twenty year wait." Well, I don't think I have twenty years left in me, and if I do, I'd probably forget that I had this wine. So. . . 





Château Léoville Barton Saint-Julien 2009 Bordeaux, $110.49-$164.99, 96 points, appears more a Shiraz purple/red with a clear rim than a Bordeaux black currant red.
The aroma sleeps at this point, but a subtle toasty red cherry and vanilla are yet making themselves known.
A remarkably silky texture and clarity of flavor drive this medium bodied wine of pronounced acidity and mild-plus tannin with 13% alcohol as if it were a cascading spring mountain stream (unusually refreshing for a big red wine).
Focused red and black cherry with damson plum, coffee notes and bay leaf lead to a very long escalating finish of delightful spice and a hint of mint.
Varietals were 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22.5% Merlot and a dollop of Cabernet Fran.
This wine is way too easy to drink, yet lends itself toward being contemplative. Quite obviously it's doing justice to the number six spot on Wine Spectator's Top 100 of 2012 wines. 
I'm contemplating this wine with the BEETHOVEN-SYMPHONY PASTORAL,  thanks to FM 99.50 Boston!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

4 comments:

  1. As I went with the over-sized picture, I got this sense of the beginning of the movie "Spaceballs": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I've still got a few '95 Leoville Bartons in the cellar. And that "20-year wait" is almost over. Of course, I paid about $40 for it back then. Way out of my league these days. But I'll drink vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is really helped me to study the Wine Providing Services. Thanks you very much for great work.

    finewineonline.com

    ReplyDelete