Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gabbiano 2010 Chianti Classico



Gabbiano 2010 Chianti Classico, $5.94-$12.99, 88 points, was a bright cranberry red trending ruby at the core, and having a broad clear rim.
Aromatic toasty strawberry with just a hint of vanilla and earth were pleasant.
Barely medium bodied (almost a rich Rosé ), and having bright acidity with moderate and persistent tannin.
This rather one-dimensional red wine is blessed with a lovely flavor of strawberries, watermelon, and just a hint of hibiscus.
Finished fair with a trailing palate with a well blended 13.5% alcohol.
January's sale is over, but still a great value as a general table wine; might not wow, but certainly will please.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I'm not disputing your note, so don't take it that way - but it bugs me when wines like this bear a DOCG designation. That's my cross to bear however, not yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I think you've mentioned that before, and I thank you for your gracious tone, but maybe you might want to elaborate; if I remember correctly, your problem is with the DOCG designation was that it should represent only the best wine, quality in the bottle should reflect and be discernable on the label? Anyway, thanks for commenting!
      BTW-When I see NAPA on the label, and the quality isn't what a NAPA wine should be, I tend to think the same thing. No REAL guarantees!

      Delete