Thursday, February 6, 2014

Shannon Ridge Lake County 2010 Petite Sirah


Shannon Ridge Lake County 2010 Petite Sirah, $8.49-$22.99, 89 points, was dense and mostly black except at the edge of the glass where crushed black currant purple/red appeared before the clear rim.
A very warm cedar and clove with a hint of licorice on the nose were pleasant.
Near full bodied with moderate acidity and stridently persistent tannin will be too wooly for some, but I'm a fan of tannin and appreciated the rough structure, but I see improvement in cellaring.
Flavors of plum, coffee, and wood, though not particularly complex were quite good.
Finished long on a trailing palate, mostly tannic with spice notes and the warmth of its 13.9% alcohol.
This is the second wine I've tasted from Shannon Ridge, and I must admit it is a winery I would not hesitate to buy wine from; the quality and price has been exceptional. Their 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon was much better, in my opinion, than the scores I found on the internet. Tasting is believing, and you can't go wrong for the few pesos it will cost you.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment