Saturday, June 28, 2014

Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2013 Sauvignon Blanc





Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2013 Sauvignon Blanc, $17.84-$22.99, 92 points, poured a very pale lemon/lime color, but trended slightly gray toward the glass wall.
The aroma was an excellent peach with a hint of honeysuckle and fresh cut hay.
Light-plus body, crisp with mouthwatering acidity, carried a wonderful balance of citrusy tangerine and grapefruit, a touch of lemongrass with a lovely peach.
Finished long on spicy ginger, a trailing palate, and the well integrated 12.4% alcohol.
On this hot summer's afternoon I paired this cold Sauvignon Blanc perfectly with a Yellow-fin tuna-roll.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014
Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

3 comments:

  1. Last time I had this SB I found it a little green.
    Just recently had a Round Pond SB, really nice, but a bit pricey (it was a gift, thank goodness).

    ReplyDelete
  2. VG: I've not seen the Round Pond SB, but I'll keep my eyes peeled (I see it is also a Rutherford AVA), and was it a 2013 vintage?
    As for "green" (a descriptor I particularly sense in too many wines), I didn't get that at all. When Frog's Leap was cold, all my sense began with "peach", which as I understand it, is a bit unusual, but not unique: yes-no?
    At any rate, I'm beginning to enjoy the 2013s as much as the 2012s, and I look forward to tasting as many as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a 2013, and apparently not as expensive as I first thought (must have been mis-priced in local supermarket where they had it at $34!)
    Peach is not an unusual descriptor for SB grown in warmer climes, with Rutherford being a pretty warm place for grape growing.

    ReplyDelete