Saturday, August 23, 2014

Waterstone Napa Valley 2012 Sauvignon Blanc






 
Waterstone Napa Valley 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, $8.98-$20.99 (NHLS gift card applied), 92 points, poured a lovely polished light gold color.
Grapefruit, cantaloupe, and honeysuckle aromas were pleasant.
The very smooth near medium body carried good acidity adding sparks to this otherwise elegant, but properly domesticated Sauvignon Blanc.
Flavors mirrored the aromas with tangerine notes in the background.
Finished long with green melon, a hint of ginger, and its 13.5% alcohol.
Varietals were 82% Sauvignon Blanc and 18% Semillon sourced from the Chiles Valley region of Napa Valley, where my 'wine-buds' have always have been pleased.
I've only been buying the 2013 Sauvignon Blancs, but when I saw the Waterstone offered, though a 2012, I jumped on it, and I'm very glad I did.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment