Monday, October 5, 2015

Telmo Rodriguez Dehesa Gago 2010 Toro (Tempranillo)



Telmo Rodriguez Dehesa Gago 2010 Toro (Tempranillo), $12.74-$17.99, 89 points, was a bright ruby red transitioning at the broad clear wine ring with orange/red hues.
Soft aromas of wet stone, brine, chocolate and cherry notes were very good if not a bit subtle.
The body of this wine was slightly more than medium, the acidity was fair-plus, and the tannins were soft yet supportive enough for my Mexican cuisine.
Flavors of cherry cola, pomegranate, and chocolate notes were good.
Finished long on cayenne pepper, a hint of mint, and a warm 14% alcohol.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger




 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE G. Can you believe, this wine used to be $4 down here. I haven't seen it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, my first "G", and this, as I understand it, is the least of their offerings. Thx for reminding me that inflation is real! ;)

      Delete