Saturday, January 19, 2019

Groth Oakville-Napa Valley 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve





Groth Oakville-Napa Valley 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve, $107.09-$125.99, 97 points, poured core black grading to a dark ruby red with purple highlights, a broad clear meniscus, and dense sticky legs.
The profuse aromas wafted above the glass as an aura of perfumed fragrances with a cedar potpourri, luscious red fruits, and ripe blackberry liqueur dominating.
Velvety full-bodied red wine with good acidity and a lover's tannic embrace imparted a generous cornucopia of fruit flavors nuanced with mulling spice, red licorice, and truffles.
Finished long on the trailing palate, easy developing pepper spices, kirsch, tart with a hint of citrus, and a well balanced 14.7% alcohol.
Maybe the best Groth Reserve I've tasted.
Drink this BIG red wine by itself or something formidable; I chose a spiced-rubbed Angus Cowboy steak.



Groth Vineyards, why it's a "go to" winery.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Is that it, better than all but 1985?
      I figured you would ask me what I paired with this, so I preemptively showed you! :)
      I had a glass from last night with a couple of sips left over; tasted excellent, and it strikes me that few Cali Cabs can say that.

      Delete
    2. Oh, 2014s just arrived here, and I don't expect to see the 2015s until next year. You must know someone! ;)

      Delete
  2. In my opinion it's better, but a little too young yet...steak looks delish...I know no one.

    ReplyDelete