Monday, January 7, 2019

Roaring Meg Central Otago New Zealand 2015 Pinot Noir





Roaring Meg Central Otago New Zealand 2015 Pinot Noir, $17.84-$22.99, 90 points, poured a core bejeweled bright ruby red softening with a tint of orange toward the thin clear wine ring and lightly draped bowl.
Smells of red cherry and lingonberry jam were pleasant.
The near medium body showed good acidity and a firm thin plank of tannin.
Flavors of cherry pie and Pinot Noir specific grape were straight-forward and lasted through the never ending finished nuanced with cranberry, a lively white pepper, and the spot-on 14% alcohol.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. I have never had a Kiwi PN, but then I very rarely drink PN - except in bubbly form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Funny that you say that you rarely drink Pinot, because I just wrote a friend of mine who quoted an article he read referring to Sonoma PN/NR as the healthiest of wines; I said I rarely drink PN, but I doubted the article was correct, and I prefer NW PN.

      Delete
  2. Don't like much, if any, PN outside of Burgundy, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete