Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hundred Acre Vineyard Stanley Ranch Cherry Pie 2007 Pinot Noir



Cherry Pie Hundred Acre Vineyard Stanley Ranch 2007 Pinot Noir, $39.99, 89+ points,
began its dance with me by stepping on my toes, but as the night wore-on I began to appreciate its "juicy" nature, almost like an intense Gamay grape, but with a big cherry taste. The color is ruby-red with amber tints, the nose settled-down to a whisper from an intense toasty-burnt quality.
I bought this wine more than a year ago and was looking for the right time to open it, and for Thanksgiving I thought this should be a crowd pleasing center-piece, especially as a compliment to the tables appearance.
Here was my impromptu presentation:
















Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

  

2 comments:

  1. Dennis, great review and liking the photo presentation (especially on the left).
    Did you happen to pair this with anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we paired it with roast chicken, smashed potatoes, butternut squash, and of course cherry pie.

    ReplyDelete