Friday, November 16, 2012

Cantele 2009 Primitivo--My Pick For The Thanksgiving Table


Cantele 2009 Primitivo, $9.99-$12.99, 90 points, has a dark Tuscan red color with a broad transparent rim.
The delicate toasty black cherry aroma has hints of cinnamon and clove (NICE!)
The medium body carries firm acidity with mild tannin on a texture of velvet. A lovely flavor of black berries rule here, with just a hint of plum. The finish is long on mild spice and just a touch of heat (13.5% alcohol), mint, and eucalyptus. I can't stress enough that this is a delicate wine and will not blow you away like a "big" Lodi Zin, but it is just delicious.
This is the best Primitivo I've had yet! Was a "Last Chance" wine at the NHLS #69
As we get close to Thanksgiving, I'd say so far, this would be my pick for our Thanksgiving table.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment