Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baloney (all beef)





Okay, okay! For those who asked: "Where's the beef?" Well, I'm skeptical that you'll find much here, but in keeping with a "promise" to do a taste test with baloney, let me just say that I did so with no real conclusion other then to say: the sparkling Pinot Noir/Chardonnay seemed the best overall with baloney on white bread with mayonnaise and tomato, just mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and German Hot mustard with American cheese. However, the Sauvignon Blanc was not far behind, but faltered severely on the yellow mustard, while the Italian Sangiovese excelled on the mayonnaise with tomato.
I trust that this weak effort will satisfy some who have made a point to ask what wines in my fridge would pair best with baloney!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

4 comments:

  1. I can't take this seriously if you call it baloney. It's Bologna. And thats no hooey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) What fun. I love that you have fun with wine. It almost makes me want to try baloney with bubbles...except I don't like baloney. I'll just stick with the bubbles and amuse myself with thoughts of other weird food and wine pairings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinogirl, I was mostly bouncing the baloney blog-post off of your "New Fridge" post, but I once did this with peanut butter and jelly, and if I remember rightly, milk won-out:')

      Delete