Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Venge Vineyard's Scout's Honor Napa Valley 2012 Red Wine






Venge Vineyard's Scout's Honor Napa Valley (Calistoga) 2012 Red Wine, $20.24-$44.99, 91 points, was core black almost to the clear rim where a deep purple transitioning with heavy draping appeared.
Coffee, black cherry, and bell pepper on the nose were good.
The soft and smooth full-body with moderate tannin carried a rich array of flavors that followed the nose with the addition of plum and red licorice.
Finished well with spice and some heat from the 15.5% alcohol.
Varietals are 70% Zinfandel, 14% Petite Sirah, 11% Charbono, and 5% Syrah.

 Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think I may have to look for this wine, sounds like my type of blend. I like wines made from Charbono and I think it'd probably work well in a blend with Zin. Just a little concerned with that alcohol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: 15.5% = 31 proof :-) I was going to say "soft and round", but, well, you know ;-)

      Delete