Thursday, August 10, 2017

Virginia Marie Lambrix 'V~M~L" Russian River Valley 2013 Chardonnay






Virginia Marie Lambrix 'V~M~L" Russian River Valley 2013 Chardonnay, $11.04-$27.99, 87 points, appeared a medium straw yellow color.
The typical Cali oaked Chardonnay aromas were pleasant enough.
Medium-plus body managed good acidity and adequately restrained vanilla, caramel, and melon flavors.
Finished nicely on a 14.6% inspirited alcohol, rich floral vibes, flan, and easy spice notes.
Paired perfectly with my Sriracha rotisserie chicken.





Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

3 comments:

  1. When talking to the hoi polloi wine drinkers on the street this week I got: I will only drink Chardonnay with fish, to I don't like Chardonnay, because it's too oaky, but I love Chablis, and that was times two just this week; my opinion exactly. The problem: Chablis is Chardonnay, and when is a kiss more than a kiss of oak; that's probably a real subjective decision.
    As to this V~M~L, the kiss was more a smooch, but considering the cuisine: it was apropos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a label, (said with eyes popping).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Indeed; had me doing Virtual Mental Leaps. Mostly why I bought the wine, but $11 was well worth it.

      Delete