Sunday, March 26, 2017

Grgich Hills Estate Grown Napa Valley 2014 Fumé Blanc







Grgich Hills Estate Grown Napa Valley 2014 Fumé Blanc, $25.49-$29.99, 90 points, poured a straw yellow color and clearing at the glass edge.
Smells of hay were accented with hints of honeysuckle, unripe cantaloupe, lime, and an unusual black pepper.
Light-bodied with good acidity and subtle flavors of tropical fruits, citrus, and gooseberry were well-balanced and tasty.
Finished fair on lemon zest, tangerine, a hint of ginger, and a spot-on 14.1% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my North Atlantic fried clams.



Grgich Hills Estates, why it's a "go to winery".
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

2 comments:

  1. So I tried this wine when I visited the winery and wasn't that keen on it...thought it was very saline-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: As always your thoughts are valued. I usually notice sea-breeziness and brine, but not this time; too bad I'm done with that bottle, I'd pay closer attention.

      Delete