Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Sokol Blosser Dundee Hills, 2017 Estate Chardonnay (Oregon) revisited





Sokol Blosser Dundee Hills Estate 2017 Chardonnay (Oregon) revisited, $23.79-$27.99, 89 points, was a light gold color with copper highlights.
Aromatic apple, pome blossoms, and Chardonnay specific grape were lovely.
Medium-bodied white wine with fair acidity and flavors reflective of the aromas and plenty of oak related flavors, including a vanilla note.
Finished long on notes of caramel, vanilla, and a well-balanced 12,5% alcohol.
Paired just okay with my Chick-filet and my spinach pie, but was a perfect pair with my Baklava.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2020 Dennis Tsiorbas.
All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit: I have never had a CH from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fondness for Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, and Riesling from the Northwest. But heart for Cabernet sauvignon is Napa, my love of Zinfandel is from the Sierra foothills to Dry creek to Napa and to Paso Robles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a veritable mini atlas of wine-likes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vigiel: I'd guess is you might have as many from France!

      Delete