Friday, March 2, 2012

Philippe Raimbault 2010 Sancerre Apud Sariacum, Loire, France




Philippe Raimbault 2010 Sancerre Apud Sariacum, Loire, France, average price $22.00, I paid $18.90, 90 points, has a transparent lemon yellow color, a beautiful pink grapefruit aroma which carries (cold 39 degrees) over to early palate with just hints of  piña colada, wet stone, and lemon grass. With crisp acidity cold and a smooth texture warm, I enjoyed this with spiced Haddock and alone. 
This wine reminded me of some New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs, and if you like one, I think you'll like the other.
Bought at Hannaford's super market.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

 Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I used to own stock in Hannaford Brothers in another lifetime. That's a cool looking bottle and I love Sauvignon Blancs. It's the anti Chardonnay! :) Cat pee in this one? Cat pee no good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree: cat pee no good, but I didn't get a hint of that here.

    ReplyDelete