Saturday, May 5, 2012

J 2010 Pinot Gris



J 2010 Pinot Gris (California), $15.99-$18.99, 92 points, has a lemon/lime color, and that is what I got on the nose (cold).
The light body (cold) carries a very clean, focused, crisp, refreshing, and predominately lime flavor with a nice finish of lemon zest and hints of ginger.
With mouth watering acidity, this Pinot Gris would be a match for fried clams, oysters, or baked perch.
As the J  Pinot gris warmed the body became more lush yet retained all that crisp and refreshing character.
One of the better Pinot Gris wines I've tasted.
Now, granted I'm no expert on wine, especially white wine, so all those who like their Pinot Gris with salmon or Thai food might just want to read: Eve Bushman's Wine 101



Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dennis,

    This one looks like a great value. Haven't seen it on the shelf at my local haunts, but with 30,000 cases produced, it has to be out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, I hope when you find it you're not displeased considering SH gave it only 84 points, but I'm learning to trust my own palate, something I recommend to all. The fun is in the exploration and discovery, but as I meet others on the 'path' I'm finding that its the people, even if they are cyber friends, make the trek so much more fun.
      Cheers to you,
      Dennis

      Delete
  2. It is liberating when you learn to trust your own palate. I look at scores of the larger publications out of curiosity now, but try to flush that out of my memory when I'm tasting/reviewing. I've already had some great experiences in my youthful (less than 4 months) blogging experience and it is great to meet others, whether in person or as cyber friends, that share the same passion of wine.

    Cheers,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely review on the 2010 J CA Pinot Gris, great photograph as well. It is one of our favorite varietals out in the market. This month, we are releasing are 2011 J CA Pinot Gris, a wine made with love by our wonderful winemaker Melissa Stackhouse. This wine is available in most states, and if you are looking for it and cannot find it, simply ask your wine retailer to order it for you through their distributor. In addition, to get a better idea if J wines are in your area, feel free to use our wine locator link from the J Website: http://www.devineware.com/dwl/JWine/jwnes_dwl.htm
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete