Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Il Molino di Grace Il Margone Gran Selezione 2010 Chianti Classico DOCG


Big, Big Red follows two more Manchester mornings at 39 degrees; so, while our Spring-time remains one of the coldest, I'm going for the hottest, spiciest, and boldest reds.

Il Molino di Grace Il Margone Gran Selezione 2010 Chianti Classico DOCG, (100% Sangiovese) $36.54-$42.99, 93 points, poured core black grading bright red toward the broad clear wine ring.
Herbaceous aroma was accented with mint, lavender, rose, black cherry, and oak.
Near full-bodied, bright acidity, grainy medium tannins, and flavors reflective of the aromas with other black fruit-rich notes which improved as the wine breathed.
Finished long on caramel, blackberry cordial, and warm spices with a 13.5% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my spaghetti and meatballs.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

4 comments:

  1. I met Tim at the Gran Selezione tasting almost a year ago to the day. He was really generous with his time and he told me that much of their production goes to on premise. He also mentioned that he wants his wines to be drunk and not collected so they try to hold prices down. His 2010's were excellent. Check this out if you haven't already: http://tuscanvines.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-new-face-of-chianti-classico-gran.html?view=magazine

    Nice review matey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thanks for reminding me: Your review was so comprehensive, I didn't remember seeing this particular wine, but looks like we're on the same track, however the price I paid was maybe $8 less; keep in mind that there are so few of these available, I buy whatever comes my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, I've never even seen his wines at retail, so you're one up on me.

    ReplyDelete