Saturday, May 7, 2016

T-Vine Napa Valley 2012 Grenache



T-Vine Napa Valley 2012 Grenache, $14.99-$35.99, 90 points, poured a spectacular bright purple/red with a broad transparent wine ring.
The nose was perfumed with floral notes and a distinctive black pepper.
Medium-bodied, good acidity, and firm supportive tannin with a lovely blend of red fruit flavors, a hint of blueberry, and mulling spice were excellent.
Finished long on some heat (14.5% alcohol), warm spices, and a hint of rose.
Paired perfectly with my fried Vidalia onions.
The label states that only 798 cases were produced, and I intend to purchase more of these while I can.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



2 comments:

  1. Your last few posts have inspired me - haven't had a Grenache in a while, must remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My experience with this wine has been mostly limited to Spanish red wines and GSM wines, but mostly I find the few, especially domestic Grenache, to be wonderful, pair-able, and reasonably priced.
      Sunday's French Grenache is quite different, I think maybe more of an international style, but what do I know?

      Delete