Thursday, May 19, 2016

Vivanco Rioja DOCa 2015 Rosado



Vivanco Rioja DOCa 2015 Rosado (Spain), $11.89-$13.99, 91 points, appeared, contrary to the Rosé-color-chart, the color of Syrah Rosé. Varietals were 80% Tempranillo and 20% Garnacha.
The red-fruit aromas were excellent.
Light bodied with mouth-watering acidity and rich red-fruit flavors dominated by a bright red cherry and strawberry accented by black pepper, which were also excellent.
Finish long on the trailing palate with a wholesome, but hearty 13.5% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my prosaic baby-back ribs, mash potatoes, and butternut squash.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

5 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your rosé reviews, however, this Tempranillo rosé seems to me like it would be the best of the lot. I want that acid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I never thought I'd fall in love with rosé wines, but it is what it is, a new love of mine! And yes, of these most recent rosés, this is my pick. I shouldn't tell you that I quickly came to the end of this one, and without realizing that I had.

      Delete
    2. VG:As busy as you are, if you have time, this interview with Elizabeth Gabay talking about the 2015 Provençal-Rosés may interest you.

      Delete
  2. NHW, I can't tell you how many times that I have come to the end of a bottle without realising I had :)

    ReplyDelete