Monday, February 27, 2017

Champagne with regrets






Champagne with regrets, because I just don't drink enough of them to matter, but to keep my files (Index) in some kind of order I've found it imperative that I create this shamefully deficient designated Champagne file, and no I'll not even link an expert's website here; Champagne is foreign to me and if I were you (the searcher) I'd look elsewhere for advice.
In other posts I've said things like this: Real Champagne, with its usually higher price-tag and questionable taste, may just require an "eeny meeny miny mo".
And here: I'll admit the unacceptable: Champagne doesn't appeal to me (Blasphemy!), but then I've not spent more than $80 for a bottle, but that's my point! Okay, I want to buy a $200 bottle of Champagne, but since the lesser ones are not the breadcrumbs of Hansel and Gretel leading me to the Gingerbread-house of satisfaction, I'll leave Champagne to the experts and hope someone will turn-me-on to the golden fleece of wine (Vinogirl is working on that).

That being said, here's my short list of French bubblies, from the cherished appellation, I've tasted.


Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial (375ML) Champagne, $23.20-$27.99, 90 points

2 comments: