Sunday, August 25, 2013

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Champagne



Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Champagne, 375 ML, $25.00, 89 points, a very bubbly (small bubbles?check!) off gold color with aromas of pome and citrus held together in a crisp light-plus body of good acidity.
My son loved this Champagne (he didn't pay for it), but I think that I'm near hopeless when it comes to these wines, for example, where he finds toast and butter I find hints of yeasty bread and near-rancid butter (just me being hyperbolic); I don't want to wreck havoc on this wine, it's really pretty good, but for how much I paid, as is typical for my experience (not experienced at all) with Champagne, the Quality, Price, Ratio (QPR) remains problematic for me.
I remain skeptical that reasonably priced Champagne is much more than social paraphernalia.
Those who love Champagne, please accept my apologies for my lack of enthusiasm. I'll still taste these wines on occasion (never give up), but I doubt that my opinion concerning Champagne will ever have any gravitas (consider this post nothing but digital-filler). However, if there are other disappointed dabblers in Champagne tasting out in the cyber world, that empathize with my attitude, I would absolutely love to hear from you:) 



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment