Friday, August 17, 2018

Cuvaison Carneros, Napa Valley Estate Grown 2016 Sauvignon Blanc





Cuvaison Carneros, Napa Valley Estate Grown 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, $10.62-$25.99, 88 points, poured a brass color gilded in gold.
The nose was near dumb with a pleasant enough undistinguished lemon meringue.
Light-bodied, but the soft texture and unusual, for a Cali SB, roundness bestowed the impression of a heavier attribute; acidity was good and helped to give life to flavors of lemon and apple which carried into the fair finish characterized by ginger spiced apple pie and an appropriate 13.5% alcohol.
Paired fine with my sautéed Canadian cod filet and a dessert of Turkish Delight.

Sauvignon Blanc 2016 (Cali)

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like lemon Turkish Delight (I prefer the rose) would go with this wine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not had the rose, but if I see it, I'll have to try it!

      Delete
  2. Really? Rose flavoured Turkish Delight is one of my favourite foods of all time.

    ReplyDelete