Friday, May 18, 2012

Roth Alexander Valley 2010 Sauvignon Blanc


Roth Alexander Valley 2010 Sauvignon Blanc, $16.20-$23.00, 91 points, was bought at the Londonderry Hannaford's supermarket. 
As I waited for the sale to kick-in (Usually after two months), I noticed this wine at the higher price was selling very well, and though I didn't ask Todd (Assistant manager) about it, I'm usually right when it comes to assessing how one of their specialty wines is selling. Hannaford's is very good at keeping the specialty wines changing and moving, and I know that Todd takes a keen interest in this aspect of his store.
Roth Alexander Valley 2010 Sauvignon Blanc was no disappointment: having a nearly clear color with only a hint of lime-green, a beautiful aroma (complex for a SB) with mostly subtle hints made-up of pineapple, lemon-grass, honeydew melon, and ginger.
The flavors fit perfectly with the aroma, and are carried by a medium body to its conclusion of a long enduring ginger-spice finish. Paired nicely with buttered sauteed Sea scallops.
Nice wine for about $17.



Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Nice note. Ironically, I have Roth on a list of wineries I want to contact about being represented in Kansas.

    Have you tried anything else from them? $23 is a bit pricey for SB, but it sounds like a pretty darn good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill I have not even seen any other Roth wines. I wouldn't buy this wine at $23; if it were Duckhorn I would.

      Delete